Here are some hacks I discovered that can help you prepare meals with ease. Discovered these via Internet and proved them true ‘cause I tried them.
- Chew gum when slicing/dicing onions. It prevents you from tearing up.
- Use unscented floss to slice cheese or other soft food easily.
- Pour leftover coffee, wine, or juice onto an ice tray and freeze. Use these for cooling your beverage; it won’t water down your drink.
- You may also use a frozen fruit (e.g. strawberry or piece of grape) to chill your drink.
- Wash your fingers first (wet) before grabbing those broken egg shell pieces.
- Determine if eggs are fresh by placing them in a tub of water. If it sinks, it’s fresh. If it floats, toss it.
- Place used tea bags into your fridge to eradicate unwanted funky smells. Placing some black charcoal (for barbecue) will also help eliminate the funky smells.